Monday, January 4, 2010

Heading back to Iowa

So my break is over. I had a great time while I was home. I spent time with a bunch of my friends, did Christmas festivates with awesome people. Spent time shopping with mom, made dinner for mom, dad, caren, ed, and david. It was a yummy dinner. The highlight of my break at home is meeting my beautiful niece Adeline Rose. When Becky had gone to the doctors that had said they wouldn't induce her until MOnday, being today. But she hadn't felt the baby move so she went to the hospital and they induced her and Addie was born December 30 at 3:15 am.

Becky had called mom when she wen to the hospital and mom decided she wanted to be there when Addie was born so mom, dad and I left home around 8pm and made it to the hospital in Voorhees NJ at 1am. I feel so lucky that I got to meet Addie and soend so much time with her before I had to go back to Iowa. She is the cutest little baby in the WORLD. SHe has the most adorable button nose that looks just like Becky's. But she is lucky she go MAtt's ears and not her mommy's. Mom, Dad, and I got home yesterday around 1 from NJ. I packed to go back to Iowa, Lauren came over to say good bye, and we had a lobster dinner. After dinner while sitting on the couch Dad took out Becky's baby pictures. It is amazing how much Addie looks like Becky when she was a baby.

I miss Addie now and It has just been a day. I wonder what I am going to be like come April. Hopefully I get to see her in April. II am in the Airport waiting for my plane and I can hear a little baby crying and it made me think of her. Addies cry is more like a sqeak than this babies cry. I am happy I got to cuddle with her and hold her a bunch while I was with her. Mom says I have the Auntie touch. I sat with Addie for an hour one night with her on my chest while I was reclined on the couch. I miss that little bundle of joy. I miss Becky as well. She is such a good Mom. Her and Matt are doing a great job with Addie. I hope Riley gets a little less scared of her. Anyway thats enough about that.

O by the way if you want to see pictures of Addie I have uploaded them on my shutter fly account. There are pictures of my project in Toledo on the website as well so don't get confused. Here is the link: www.myamericorpjourney.shutterfly.com

So I am at the airport now waiting for my flight to Detriot. I have about an hour and a half lay over in Detriot then I get into Cedar Rapids at 4:30. I think I will be in Vinton for about a week, then it's off to Mobile Alabama to build houses with Habitat for Humanity and live in a double wide trailer with 20 other people. That should be a fun new experience. I will update you more later. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment