Saturday, January 9, 2010

Meeting and Shannannagins

Last night I ment to take a short nap from 7:00pm to 8:00pm. Apparently my body did not like that because I ended up sleeping till 10:00pm and woke up and just went back to sleep. I woke up this morning at 9:00am on my own without an alarm clock. That was pretty nice. I got ready then went over to the kitchen and made two eggs over medium with toast and a half of grape fruit. It was a yummy breakfast. Then we had our meeting which went pretty well. We heard more about the other unit that we are getting on campus. I am probably going to get my room changed which I am not real happy about but I am trying to be flexable. We will see how well that goes.

After the meeting I went back to my room to look up a couple things on the computer. My teammate Jim called and asked me to go out to lunch with him and our teammate Jacob and then go to the bar with them. I decided to be social so we walked to Pizza Hut in about 5 below zero weather. After Pizza Hut we went to the bar Golf Right around 2:00pm. Tomorrow is Jim's 23 birthday but he can't drink tomorrow because he is a van driver and we are starting our drive to Alabama on Monday and if he drank tomorrow being Sunday he wouldn't be able to drive on Monday because AmeriCorps has the stupid rule that you can't drive within 24 hours of drinking. So he wanted to drink a bunch today. So we went to the bar and watch a couple movies, played war, go fish, and rummy. A had a couple beers and Jacob and Jim had more than I did lets say. It was a nice day, better than spending it in my bed sleeping or something.

We came back to campus around 6:30pm to eat an amazing chicken chilli made by my friend and teammate Sarah. It was really good. After dinner Sarah helped me pack for Alabama. We are ONLY allowed to bring our red bag which is about the size of a duffle bag for 6 weeks. I had a hard time but I did it. This just means that I could only bring two outfits of personal clothes so I will basically be wearing the same clothes but I am doing laundy every week. Now I am almost done packing and I am about to be ready for bed.

Tomorrow I have a bunch of things to do. I have to get our new van and do a van inspection on it by 3:00pm so I can have the van infront of Palmer for people to load there stuff in than take the van to Rice for the rest of my team to load there stuff. After that I am going to see the movie Avatar with Jim for his birthday and a bunch of other people. After Avatar we are going to this Mongolian BBQ place that is just like Fire and Ice at home. So I have a busy day tomorrow. I hope you guys are liking my updates. I love you guys and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment