Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First day at work

Today I got to sleep in till 7 am. But I didn't get much sleep last night. Someone decided to turn the thermostat down to 50 last night and froze most of us out. I woke up violently shaking this morning at 6 am. Then I couldnt fall back to sleep. I got ready for wokr then we left at 8:20am.

We went to the offices of Habitat for Humanity to meet everyone and get a quick history on the organization. After that we went to our work site. We are working on a four bedroom house that we are adding two bedrooms to. This house was bought by the government then given to Habitat. Today I organized a tool trailer today and then I stripped wallpaper. It sounds like a boring job but it was really fun. It was theraputic and let me think and me in my own little world. Matti and I had a good time doing that.

For lunch Habitat provides our lunch for us. Today they got us Foosacklies which has the best chicken fingers ever. We had an hour lunch break and we got to eat outside in the sunlight. It was about 50 degrees today and sunny. It was beautiful. After lunch I went back to stripping wallpaper. I worked till 4pm and then we went on a drive to the ocean. It was awesome and I took pictures. I will upload them and pictures of the double wide tomorrow. After the ocean we went to Walmart to get stuff for dinners for the next couple nights.

When we got back to the house I played Hacky Sack with a bunch of people. It was a good time. Then it was time for dinner. Alissa and someone else from Cedar 1 made dinner. They made amazing chicken, mashed potatos, salad, and corn. It was yummy and we got to have seconds. I don't know how they did it, they made food for 21 people and had enough for everyone to have seconds. Tomorrow Amy and I am cooking encholadas (sorry about the spelling). WWe were craving Mexican food so we decided to make some. I will let you know how it goes.

After dinner Cedar 1 went to the super market so we have the house to ourselves right now. I took a shower which felt amazing. Now I am all squeaky clean. I bet you want to smell my hair Daddy. It smells really good. Well now I am just going to relax for the rest of the night with everyone.

By the way, my work days are Tuesday - Saturday and the hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm which is not bad. Well I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment