Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

I woke up this morning and my ankel was the size of a small orange. It hurts a lot. I ate some breakfast than we loaded into the van and left Memphis around 8am iun route to Mobile Alabama. We made a bunch of stops along the way to pee and eat. I sat in the way back with Jake most of the way which was nice because I could put my foot up on the seat. We FINALLY got to our double wide in Mobile around 7pm. What a long day. A positive thing is we have a HUGE porch with two big swings on it. The kitchen is a decent size with a bunch of counter space and two friges. One for each team. There is a skinny hall way that leads to the three bathrooms and a bedroom. The bathrooms are hard to explain. I am going to take a picture of them and post it tomorrow. The bedroom in the hall way has two bunk beds with four girls.

If you go back down the hall way and take a left down 2 steps (not the Lindsay style, watch your step) You are in the common area. Which has a couch a recliner and Jocabs bed. Then is a corner of the room there are two doors. One door leads to the boys room where 6 boys sleep. The other door leads to my bed room where I share it with 7 other girls. YIKES. On the other end of the common room is the main door into the house and down a small hall way is the Team Leaders room where just two of them are sleeping ( a little unfair don't you think? Yup, as always.) The house is semi finished and has bugs around it. But right now I get interent while sitting on my bed. It is the neighbors wireless but hey that still works.

Anyway I am pretty tierd. Tomorrow we get to sleep in a little. I have to be at the Habitat for Humanity office at 9am. We have a couple meetings then my team and I are going to put up some walls in a house. I am excited. Anyway I love you guys. MWAH

No comments:

Post a Comment