Monday, January 11, 2010

Memphis

I left Vinton Iowa this morning at 6:00am in a 15 passenger van stuff to the top with luggage and 10 people. We were on our way to Memphis Tennessee for the night then tomorrow is our final stop in Mobile Alabama. We were in the car from 6:00am till 8:00pm. But stopped for a quick breakfast break, a lunch break, and then we had a problem. We were changing lanes when a guy came fast into the lane we were changing in an couldn't stop and run off the road onto the curb. My teammate Jim was driving so we pulled over into a parking lot to get this straight. Our van was fine but the other guys van's axil got bent. We sorted everything out but we were now behind schedule by about 2 hours. The other teams were already at the hotel. So we finally got to the hotel, checked in then we wen to this place on Beale street for dinner. It was really good. It had live music and I had a pulled pork sandwhich. So on the way out of the resturant I forgot there was a step down and missed a step and twisted my right ankel pretty badly. Now I am sitting in the hotel room icing my ankel. Hope it gets better. Love you guys. Tomorrow I will be blogging from Alabama. I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment