Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mega church and raw oysters

Thursday I did flooring. I got to use a chop saw to cut the boards the proper length. In the beginning of the day I was scared of the saw but by the end of the day I was doing fancy cuts. Mt supervisor Marcy was very encouraging and proud of me. I was pretty tierd after work on Thursday and we had PT, then a team meeting (which went very well). People got things out in the open and it helped us. We just need to use better communication skiulls and listening skills. For dinner Rob and Aaron from Cedar 1 made us taco soup which was VERY yummy. Then I went to Super Walmart with a bunch of people to get some random things and to get stuff for my team leader, Shalyn's Birthday. After hat I came home and went to bed.

Friday I did some more cutting of the flooring peieces of laminant. I used to the chop saw, the table saw, and a jigsaw (and no that is not a puzzle). After that I helped put up two new walls in the house we are working in. After work we came back home and relaxed for a little while. Then we went to this things for an ISP we are doing on Sunday. This "Rally" was at a Mega Chruch. This church was as big as a movie theater and had the dim lighting, the sound system, and the big screen. Then the "Rally" proceeded to be mostly a HUGE relgious thing with praying and everything. I was freaking out. There was God music and people singing about jesus with their hands in the air and stuff. Well before I get more into it let me tell you what it was for. I am working with the Convay of Hope on Sunday at the Festival of Hope. It is for poor people and there are free groceries, hair cuts, resume workshops, job interviews, health care, and much more provided. But as the people said during the 2 hour service thing "it's a jesus thing" but to sum it up I was creeped out. After that a bunch of us went into downtown Mobile to go to dinner for Shalyn's birthday. We went to a place called Wetzell's Oyster House. It was so yummy. I tried raw oysters for the first time. They are slimy and don't taste like much. Then I had fried oysters, fried shrimp, stuffed soft shell crab, crab claws, and fried flounder. It was yummy and a good experience. Then I came back to the house and went to bed because I had work in the morning.

This morning I got to sleep in a little. We went to work on a new build construction site today. There were very cute dogs around one was called bamma. We painted the outside of a house and I go to fix the siding on a house as well. Then we came back from work early today. A bunch of people meaning (about everyone besides 4 people) went to play soccer. I stayed back at the house and di some laundry and took a nice LONG relaxing shower. Now I am going to help make some roasted veggies for dinner and relax for the rest of the night. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment