Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day off

Today I got to sleep in till 8:30am which was AMAZING. It is weird how I used to think 8:30am was early. Now it's sleeping in compared to 5am. I took a long shower, did my hair, which made me feel like a girl again. Then I went to the computer lab to look up some stuff for our debriefing on Monday for the short project we did. Then I read for a while. It was a nice relaxing couple of hours.

I met everyone at the van at 11:00am and we were on our way to Cedar Rapids, IA. It took us about 45 minutes to get there. Our first stop was Goodwill which I wasn't thrilled about but thats ok. Then we went to a Super Target, which I had never been to before. There was a Verizon store next to the Target so I went there because I needed to get a new phone or get mine fixed because I am having so many problems with it. Well that Verizon store only sold the phones and didn't have tech people so they told me I had to go to another store a little ways up the road. I was pissed.

Then I went to the Super Target. Let me tell you that it was AMAZING. I wish that there was a Super Target near home. You can do your food shopping at great prices then shop for other things at great prices all at the same time and place. It was awesome.

After Super Target we went to the other Verizon store that was right next to the Lindale Mall. Well this Verizon store wasn't any help either. I told them my problem and she said I am not seeing the problem now so I can't help you. I seriously wanted to punch the lady in her face. I said, "So basically I have to deal with a phone that randomly shuts off, doesn't connect to the internet, which is an extra service I pay for and the battery always running out." She told me that she couldn't help me. I am still fuming. I tried to talk to the manager but he wasn't any freaking help either. I am about to ask mom for help. Mommy help me please.

After Verizon I went to find the rest of my team. I met them at a Mongolian place in the mall. This place was just like Fire and Ice but didn't have the steaks and burgers. It was yummy. After that I went and bough two Iowa T shirts and then we left the mall and headed back to Vinton.

When we got back I went to my room and read for a while which was great. After that I went to the computer room and tried to upload some photos but the stupid internet keep pooping out on me. So it wasn't working and I am going to try to upload the pictures tomorrow. Then it was time for duty. We cleaned Rice Hall and it wasn't bad at all. After cleaning my team leader Shalyn let us into the give and take closet. The give and take closet is a closet with stuff that people left here from last year for us to use. You can take stuff from the closet and keep it or give it back and you can donate stuff and they will put it in there. It got a bunch of good stuff from there.

Then it was time for something to eat, I had left over eggplant parm which was yummy in my tummy. Then me and Sarah watched a bunch of movies and did puzzles. Now it is time for me to get to bed because I am falling asleep in the computer lab. Hope you all had a good Halloween. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment