Sunday, October 25, 2009

Making a difference and Corn maze/Bar hopping

Yesterday was make a difference day. All the corp members went to a community in Iowa City to conduct surveys about crime. The people in the neighborhood did a bBBQ for us which was really nice of them. On the way back from Iowa City we went grocery shopping as a team. Now that was pretty eventfull.

After the two hour drive back to Vinton I tried to take a nap but for some reason I couldn't fall alseep which is weird for me. So I read my book and hung out with some people. This will surprise some of you. I went to a scarey Corn Maze at around 9 at night. I almost peed my pants, I am not going to lie. But I was not the only one that was scared. I looked down a bunch of the time. I went with my friend Sarah and a couple other people. O, on the way to the scarey Corn Maze I had to make my first 911 call because a lady in a car was going to wrong way on a one way highway. That was pretty scarey.

Anyways after the Corn Maze I went to Ron Da Voo with Sarah, and my roommate Laura. We met a bunch of people there. After we were there for a while we decided to go to the other bar in town which is Mickey's. We walked to Mickey's which is about a mile from Ron Da Voo. Mickey's was pretty crowded with locals and NCCC members. I stayed there for a while but then I left because I was tierd and there were a ton of really drunk people and I just didn't want to deal with that.

I walked back to campus with a couple people and then laid in bed and read for a while. I went to sleep about 1 and didn't wake up till about 11 am today which was awesome. I haven't been able to do that in a while. I watched some football, the Pittsburg game because my roomie is a huge Steelers fan. Then I went to the Chinese resturant in tow with 4 other people from my team. NOw I am just hanging out for a while.

Yesterday was Becky's baby shower and I am sorry that I missed it but I am also glad that I am here on this journey. As the days go on I realize more and more about how glad I am that I made to decision to come here. Anyways I will keep you all updated. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment