Saturday, October 17, 2009

Birds in engines and Ron Da Voo

So lets start with the beginning of my day. I left my home sweet home at 5:00 this morning. I said good bye to Mom and Dad without crying. That's a big deal. Then I was off to and my first stop was Chicago. Well my flight to Chicago was great. The flight to Iowa was a different story. The plane that was supposed to take me to Iowa got run into by a flock of birds. That damaged the plane. So my plane was delayed. Well they couldn't fix the plan so they had to put me on another flight. So I didnt get to Iowa till 2. But my team was waiting for me at the baggage claim. Then we all walked around Vinton to get familiar with the town, which is not hard to do. Then I finally got to campus. I got to my room and met my roommate Laura who is awesome. I did some unpacking then met up with some girls from my team had dinner. Then we went to the local bar, Ron Da Voo. I got back to the room a little while ago. I met some really nice people. I am loving it here. Tomorrow I am getting my uniform. Yeay! Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. ron da voo??? wow sounds like i'm missing out!! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its the local bar. A tall boy is only 3.75. I had a great time with my roommate and some girls from my team.

    ReplyDelete