Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday's Blog: Van Training and team reveal

Yesterday mornings muster wasn't that bad at 6:50 a.m. but looking back at it now I am not liking it because I am falling asleep at this computer. Yesterday we had van training in the auditorium for 6 hours, which was sitting watching videos and talking about certain situations. We went outside and learned to check gauges, oil, and fluids. Guess what else I learned? I learned how to change a tire on a freaking 15 passenger van. O and I also learned how to jump a 15 passenger van. That was an experience. In between the van training sessions I had my physical which included 2 shots one of which made my arm feel like it was going to fall off.

After the exciting van training I had my final dinner with my G group. Emily, my team member made pasta with brocilli and pesto. YUMMY. After dinner we all played frissbee in one of the fields. Then it was time for the big Team Reveal. That was exciting but I was also sad and nervous, one because I liked my team and second because I was hoping my new team would like me. After the team reveal I got hit with this feelings of being homesick and sad. I got back to my room and cried. I think I cried for a couple of reasons. One, because I was so over tired from the long day. Two because I had gone through so much change already. And lastly was I had already invested a bunch of time into getting to know my team. I called mom and her and dad helped me. (Thank you guys for that by the way). I realized I was emotional when Mom told me she took a picture of my car covered in snow and I started to cry.

YOu guys know I am not great with change so this is a little hard for me because it is all happening at once. I know this was the right decision for me but it doesn't stop it from being hard. And I need to realize that it is ok to feel homesick but I can't let it get in the way of my time here. Well today is another day and I can tell you know that I am feeling better. I owe that to mom, dad, Lauren, and my roommate Laura.

Tonight I have my fitness test which includes me running/walking a mile timed and doing as many push ups as I can in 1 minute as well as doing as many sit ups I can do in a minute. Yeah that would be a fun site for you guys to see. I am glad I lost 19 lbs before I came here.

Until later tonight. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment