Thursday, October 22, 2009

CPR and more group bonding

Today was a good day. I had CPR all day and thought that it would be bad. But I was wrong, it was good and I learned everything. I also got a BIG package from mom today. I knew most of what was in it but I loved the card that was in the package. The card said, "Go confidentley in the directions of your dreams, Live the life you've imagined." Thanks mommy for that.

In between the CPR training I walked to Alco in the rain with two of my teammates. After CPR training I made eggplant parm for my teammates. My teammate Lauren make toasts with garlic and cheese, roasted green beans, and roasted carrotts with rosemary and the dinner was AMAZING. After dinner and bunch of us hung around the table talking for about an hour and a half. I found out that a guy named Jim on my team LOVES basketball too. I really like bonding with my teammates.

This is a GREAT experience and I am loving it right now. I thought I would miss home alot more than I do now. I haven't actually done something on my own like this before. It makes me feel like a stronger person. I also feel like I have more of a purpose. I am meeting a bunch of interesting and unique people. I have learned that you can't judge a book by it's cover. I am so glad I made this decision. I

So right now I am following Dad's advice, "Do what you like, Like what you do." I want you guys to know that I think about you alot. I am sorry that I haven't been able to talk anyone much since I have been here. I have been pretty busy with CTI (Corp Training Institute). I am hoping that I will be able to talk to a bunch of you this coming weekend, especially on Sunday. On November 13th we are having an induction ceremoney and we will all be inducted into the AmeriCorp. I am pretty excited about that.

Tomorrow I have PT (exercise) at 5:30 a.m. in the gym with all the other Corp members. Lets see how that goes lol. Well I should be getting ready for bed. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment