Friday, October 30, 2009

More fire pits and trash pickup

Today has seemed like it has gone on forever. I had PT this morning at 5:30am, meaning I had to wake up at 5am. After PT I changed and had breakfast. Then we drove to one of the Benton County Conservation parks. In all we went to 4 parks today. We cleaned out fire pits which is harder than you think, especially when it poured the night before. We moved HEAVY picnic tables, swept pavilions, put sticks in piles, picked up TONS of trash, especially beer cans, and a couple more things. The day wouldn't have been bad if my Team Leader and one of my team mates werent sick and we not with us today. As well as myself, my friend Sarah, and another one of my teammates not feeling good.

We got back around 5 and I changed and heated up the egg plant parms that I put together the night before. After dinner I did laundry, started a puzzle and watched "Failure to Launch" with Sarah. Now I am offically exhausted and I am going to bed.

The good news is we have tomorrow and Sunday off. Tomorrow around 11 some of my teammates and I are going into Cedar Falls where everything is. Then I am going to hang around the rest of the day. We are having a celebritory cookout for dinner, which we are all really excited about. My team and I are on Duty tomorrow night which isn't that bad. Then Sunday I have no plans except watching football and hanging around. I am looking foward to the next couple days of just relaxing.

Love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment