Sunday, October 18, 2009

Uniforms and football

This morning when I woke up I looked around and said to myself, "Where am I?" Then I thought o yeah, I am on an adventure. That put a smile on my face. To be honest I thought that I would be so nervous and want to go home once I got here. But I am excited and happy to be here and for the moment I am not home sick. Yes I miss everyone at home and my house but I am glad I decided to come here. I think it is one of the best decisions I have made in my life so far.

Anyway I got to sleep in till 9:30 which is pretty nice since I haven't done that in a while. My roommate Laura and I went for a walk to Alco which is a general store down the street from campus. It is like a smaller version of Walmart. We started laughing once we saw the Alco because there is the Alco, then there are these two big silos and a huge corn field behind it. I took some pictures of this scene for you and will upload them tomorrow.

After going to Alco I got issed my BDU "Battle Dress Uniform" which is in all men's sizes and is kind of commical. They didn't have my size in a bunch of stuff so right now I am walking around in clothes that are too big for me hbut I will be getting my sizes soon enough. I didn't get my steeled toe boots yet either but they are coming as well.

After getting my BDU I got to watch FOOTBALL. Which made me really happy and made it feel more like Sunday. I was so excited when I found out that I was going to be able to watch the Patriots game. What a game that was. It was sad to see it snowing at home and that I missed the first snow in MA. The weather was nice here today. It was chilly this morning but nice this afternoon.

I had dinner with my team tonight which was nice and learned about what the plan was for tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to be at Muster (which is a specific spot my team meets and talks about the schedule for the day) at 6:50 a.m. YUK. I haven't had to be up that early for a long time. That means I have to get up at 6 and put on my uniform and look the way I need to for the rest of the day. After Muster is breakfast then we have Van training till 12 then lunch then more van training till 4 Yuk again. BUT I find out my perminant group tomorrow night so I will keep you posted. So far I am LOVING it here. If you guys want to know about anything else leave a post on here and let me know. I am not sure what else to write here.

O by the way we have under ground tunnels connecting the buildings on campus together. It is awesome. I am going to go over by way of under ground tunnel to the other dorm and watch some more football. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment