Friday, October 23, 2009

More meetings and Duty

Today was the first day of 5:30 a.m. PT. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I did find out that I can't really function on 6 hours of sleep. We had some more meetings. I can't rememver the name of the trainings but I do remember what they were about. During the first meeting today I could not keep my eyes open at all. I felt so bad but I would have taped my eyes open if I had tape.

After that meeting we had lunch which was left over mac and cheese. Then we had some more meetings. This meeting was about Media and promoting NCCC properly. It was kinda useless. The woman presenting was a B*tch by the way. This is from a teaching prospective as well as from someone listening to the lecture.

After the meeting we had a team meeting going over what we thought a team is, what we want our team to accomplish during CTI and what we were going to have for dinner for the next week.

Then I made dinner with my team mates Sarah and Jacob. We made chicken pesto pasta. The pesto was out of a packet because we don't have a blender or a food processor. I so wish I had Aunt Joyces pesto. The dinner was really good and the team loved it. O my eggplant parm from last night was a HIT and they want me to make it every week. That makes me happy.

Starting in 7 minutes my team and I are on duty for the night. Which means cleaning one of the buildings kitchens, lounges, and hall ways. We also found out that we are on duty on Halloween which none of us are happy about. But what can you do? Tomorrow is make a difference day where we are going to a community in Iowa City to conduct surveys for a community that is looking into rebuilding. They are doing a cook out for us after which is nice.

Anyway I have to get to duty. I love you all. Hope you are liking the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment