Monday, October 26, 2009

5:30 am PT and STD training

Today was an early start. I had PT this morning at 5:30. We were outside running in the rain before the freaking sun was up. After PT was a community meeting and then we had STD training. Yup that is exactly what it sounds like. It was amusing but nothing that I didn't already know.

After STD training we had a Quality of Life training that was mostly about substance abuse. Every chance they get here they talk about not abusing drugs and alcohol and it is starting to get pretty annoying.

After the Quality of Life training was lunch, in which I had a Swiss grilled cheese sandwich and veggies with hummus. After lunch was EEO training. Can you tell that they like their acronyms here? (Did I spell that right?) Dad let me know if I spelled that right. EEO stands for Equal Employment Opportunity. Which again is nothing that we all already don't know. During this training we had a fire drill which helped us all wake up.

After the EEO training we were done until 4:15. I went back to my room and read for a little while, which I haven't been able to do much while I have been here because every time I go to read I end up falling asleep. After reading for a while I finished unpacking FINALLY. It have been here more than a week and I just finished unpacking. I think I am a procrastinator don't you? Then it was time for the Rep Role Fair.

Each person on the team needs to have a Rep Role. These are roles like a Newspaper Editor, a Peer Helper, a Serving Learning Inistiator, a Project Outreach Liaison, A Vehicle Safety and Tools Officer, a Media representative, a CAP (sorry I forget what that stands for) it has something to do with recruiting new members and telling your NCCC journey to people to try to get them to join. Other Rep Roles are yearbook member, Photo Editor, Grocery Shopper and a couple more I can't remember.

The Roles that I am hoping to get are the Vehicle Safety and Tools Officer and the grocery shopper. Mom and Dad know how good I am at grocery shopping. I would also be ok with Photo editor or yearbook member instead of the grocery shopper. We wrote down what Roles we preferred and our Team Leader (TL) is going to try to pick the Roles from there.

By the way I had the BEST Barbequed Chicken Sandwich for dinner tonight. My teammate Amy made it. She put frozen chicken breasts, a bottle of BBQ sauce, and two bottles of Italian dressing in a crock pot, put it on high and cooked it all day. It came out AMAZING. I made potatoes to go with it. Thanks Dad for letting me know the degree to cook the potatoes out and how to tell when they were ready. My team mates thank you as well.

Well I am exhausted from getting up at 5am and being in trainings all day. I will update you guys tomorrow. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment