Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cooking class and group bonding

Today I had a cooking class for dummies. The person teaching the class was an idiot and mean. Anyway today is a good day. My group really bonded today which was really nice. There is a girl named Sarah in my group that I absolutley love. SHe is very sweet and has the same reactions to things as I do. Everyone else is my group is great besides two people. One girl thinks she is better than everyone else and then there is a guy who is not a team player and doesn't really want to me here and has already gotten in trouble. I love my team leader Shalyn.

We got done with our traininga at 2:30 today which was AMAZING. After the trainings we had a group meeting in which we talked about food. Always a GREAT topic for me. We talked about what foods we liked and what foods we didn't like. Can you believe I have some people on my team that don't like veggies. And then we have one girl (the snotty girl) that will only eat fresh veggies and garlic and won't eat minced garlic. GRRRRR. I like her outside of her food preferences.

Being here I have realized that I don't eat as much as at home because I don't have much if any down time. But unlike you tihnk Mom we don't eat healthy here. It is hard to eat healthy with the amount of money we are given as well as having enough food to feed 12 mouths.

Tomorrow my team and I have CPR all day which is not going to be fun. I told my team that I had dyslexica and ADHD so they know I might bug them for help during the trainings. They were all really great about it. Also my roommate gave me her cold/cough which I am not too thrilled about but atleast I don't have it as bad as she does.

I found out I have a free day on SUNDAY which I am hoping to go see my family in Iowa city, Lauren, Chester, and Micheal. I hope all is well with you guys. I am liking it here and I still can't believe I am here. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment