Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Toledo Ohio

Sorry I haven't written in a while. It is hard to find internet access. So I am safely in Toledo. The trip took 11 hours because we had to stop every 2 hours to switch drivers and change seats. The ride wasn't bad at all. We left Vinton Iowa at 6:30am and arrived in Toledo at 6:30 pm. We were greeted by Phillip who is an executive at Toledo Botanical Garden also known as TBG. We went to this AWESOME pizza place for dinner called Amies. We had a BBQ chicken pizza, a Greek pizza, and loaded meet pizza, and a caprese pizza with chicken. It was GREAT. Then we went to pick up some food for dinners and lunches.
O I forgot to tell you that I am sharing a room with 5 other girls. The room we are staying in is smaller than my room at home. Also there are two bunk beds and two people sleeping on mattresses on the floor. There are three boys who are sharing a pink room the same size as our room. The TL (team leader) has her own room. We have a fire place!!!
There first night we got here I had a minor melt down but I recovered quickly. On Tuesday we started at the TBG. It is a 65 acre botanical garden that has an artist village. The artist village has a glassing blowing place, a stained glass place, a pottery place and ALOT more. I got to watch two guys blows glass and I will have the opportunity to glow a glass orament. I am so excited about that. On Tuesday we also cleaned up some garden beds. Then we all had dinner together which was nice. I made a hungarian dish with my teammate Amy. It was noodles, cabbage, and bacon. It was GREAT.
Then we met another AmeriCorp member that is part of the State and National branch. He is 23 and is living at the intern house by himself. He is really nice and his name is Ethan. A couple of my teammates and I went to a Hooka Bar. It was an experience. I smoked Mango flavored tobacco. Then today I raked leaves, pulled weeds, and cut back a perrenial garden. OOOOO I forgot something important. I get to drive golf carts around the gardens and I am so happy about it.
Tonight we had PT, then finally unpacked. Now I am going to eat a bean soup. I am trying all these new things and I am liking them all. If you guys want to know anything else just let me know. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment