Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Spike Assignment

Saturday was a good day. I ended up going to the bar with the over age people on my team. We had a good time.

On Sunday I worked at Heralding the Holidays in the Childrens Activities area. I helped children make glittering pinecone ornaments. It was fun to be workign with kids again. After working I did some laundry and then my teammate Jacob make Corn Beef and Cabbage with Soda bread. It was really good. I enjoyed it.

On Monday morning we wokr up and it was snowing. We went to work at 9:30am two houses down from us at The Toledo GROWS house. I cleaned and organized their kitchen and made pizza for everyone. Then I sorted seeds. We eneded up working until 3pm. After work we came back to the house and cleaned. Then we had a team meeting. Dinner last night was soup and sandwhiches. After dinner with went out with Matti and Jim from my team and Ian who is part of AmeriCorp state and National. We went to a piercing place where I got my cartaledge pierced. AFter that we went back to Ian's house and hung out and watched movies. It was nice to get out of the house and get away from some of my team members.

Today (Tuesday) I worked in the Green House at TBG with Jake and Joshua which is pronounced joses-way. We cleaned pots and repotted plants. After work we came back and had a phone meeting with our Unit Leader then we did PT. I am planning on going to bed early tonight.

Now for the news. My next project is going to be in Mobile, Alabama for about 6 weeks. I will be doing a construction project building houses with Habitat for Humanity. I will be living in a double wide with another team so there will be a total of 20 of us in that trailer. I am excited but nervous. Thats my news.

No comments:

Post a Comment