Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wrapping up in Mobile Alabama

These last couple of weeks have gone by fast at some points and slow at other points. Work has been alright. I have been doing demolishion, painting, flooring, and some framing. My right sholder is killing me lately. Sometimes I feel useless. We have been split up into two teams. My team leader has been going back and forth between those teams to make herself look important I believe.

Last weekend was Mardi Gras. One night a bunch of people went to New Orleans and I stayed back at the house. I relaxed and then the next day I went to the Flea Market. It was low key and a good time. We worked on Monday doing new construction insulating concreat. Tuesday was Fat Tuesday and we went into downtown Mobile to see the parades. It was crazy down there. People had tents up and rented porta pottis for the day. The parades were good and people walked around the streets with open containers of beer and alcohal. At night there was a shooting right near where we were standing which was scarey.

I worked Tuesday - Saturday. Saturday we had a community day with kids that are in the Youth Advocate Program. This program is for kids that are in the juvinile system with probation officers. This program is trying to turn the kids around. It was a good time and it was nice to do something with people in the community.

Last night the team leaders left to stay in a hotel for 2 nights. A bunch of people went to a night/dance club and a bunch of us went to play mini golf. It was fun playing mini golf. Then we came back to the house and hung out.

O by the way I found out my next project. I will be staying on campus in Vinton Iowa. My project site is in Cedar Rapids Iowa and we will be doing Mucking, Gutting, and Demolishion. So I guess it is safe to stay that I should probably go to the doctor about my sholder before next round starts.

I have learned that some people on the other team are here for theirselves or are just not consoderate to others. I know I live with 18 - 24 years old but they don't act like it. I guess I was raised differently then those people. I just can't wait to get back to Iowa and have some privacy and personal space. I am different than people here. I am considerate to others, think of others as well as myself, and treat people equally. I came into this program thinking everyone would be like that but I was proven wrong. I noticed this especially on this spike. This is something I need to get used to but it will be a struggle.

I miss everyone at home. I miss Lauren, Beepy, Suzy, my mom, Dad, Becky, Addie, and Matt. This is the longest time I have gone without seeing them all. You guys keep me sane and I miss you. I am not saying I am having a bad time here it is just hard here sometimes. I feel alone a bunch and it's not a great feeling to have when you are sdurrounded by people. I am emotional lately and am having trouble keeping them in check. I am not sure why I am writing all this but I guess I feel that I have to get it out of me before I explode.

I called the counselur on campus and talked to him about some of my issues with my team leader and he helped. I am glad that my next project is in Vinton so I can talk to him more. For a girl that hated conflict I am facing it head on. Anyway I should probably be going now. I hope all is well with everyone. Write me something back on here please. Miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment