Thursday, February 11, 2010

Update

It's been a while I am sorry. It is hard to get internet here especially when 21 people are trying to connect. So lately I have been working. Today I took a sick in quarters day because I have been realing nausues and have had really bad headaches. Also last night was a very bad night for me with my stomach being upset. I am not going to go into details though. So I slept in, tried to eat something, read for a while, then I took a shower to see if that would make me feel better. Now I am going to continue to relax until the troops come home. Now for the update.

I have been ripping out carpet, framing walls, biulds door packs, painting, doing demolishing (using a sledge hammer on everything), flooring, cutting with saws (I am the offical cutter of the team :) That about sums up work. O and hammering. But my sholder and back have been hurting me alot lately and it sucks being in pain. I have had to stop putting my right hand above my head. Now if we hve to hammer above my heads I can't do it because it hurts too much. Anyway enough about my pain.

Living with 21 people there is bound to be tensions. Well apparently some people on my team talked to my team leader which lead my team leader to take me aside and for a half hour tell me that I was a hateful person and that I was controlling. That lead me to stop talking for a while because I was fed up with everything. Then I realized that my team leader doesn't have very good leadership skills. That is what I have come to realize and most people agree with me. I have become closer with some teammates which is nice. My best friend on my team Sarah, has a boy friend at home and is constantly on the phone with him. She doesn't interact with anyone at home because she is always on the phone with him. I sometimes want to shake her and tell her to pick a place. But I don't and hopefully she will figure it out soon enough.

I have noticed that since being in Alabama I have changed some. I am content with being on my own and doing my own thing if I happen to get that chance, which very rarley happens. When people go out a night I tent to stay back so I can have some time to myself. During that time I usually read. I have started to read alot again. I just recently finished "Last Song" by Nichalos Sparks. It was very good. I think I read the book on about a week. I found out that they are making into a movie and I can't wait to see it. I just started "Dear John" by Nichalos Sparks. They have also made that into a movie and I plan on going to see it as soon as I finish the book. As most of you know I love to read romance novels. But I have decided that I need to grow up a bit and I am trying to read more intellectual books. We will see how that goes. As well as reading I have starting making hats with yarn. It is fun and I will rpobably end up making hats for most of you. If you have special colors you would like in your hat let me know.

Last weekend was the superbowl and a bunch of us went to watch it at this bar/retuarnt called Buffalo Wild Wings. They are popular places in the midwest. It was fun. There were lots of TVs and I had a great time. I did drink a little too much and I let me gaurd down. Apparently people on my team and the other team liked me that way. It was fun and I am glad that I decided to go. The next day we had our other day off and a bunch of us went to San Miguels. It is a mexican resturant that has happy hour between 2 - 6 on week days. I had a beer and some buffalo wings. I think I should have stayed home relaxed that day because since then I haven't been feeling so good. Anyway that's whats been going on.

I am going to post some new pictures on my shutterfly account so be sure to take a look. Unit later. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment