Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The weekend

So this weekend I went to my first Mardi Gras parade. I bet you didn't know that Mardi Gras started in Mobile Alabama. Well it did. But let me back up a little bit.

On Saturday I worked on a new build site and but hurricane strips on a house and worked with a bunch of retired construction workers. It was fun but tiering and very cold (in Alabama temps). Then we went to the parade. I had a great time. I caught tons of beads and moon pies. I caught orange moon pies and they were so good. After the parade we came back to the house and hung out.

On Sunday I got to sleep in which felt amazing. I woke up around 10:30 and made eggs for breakfast. Then I went and plyaed disc golf with Amy, Jim, and Jacob. Disc golf involes small weighted frisbees that you throw into metal baskets from different distances. I had a great time and it was three hours of entertainment for free. After that we went to a place called Mellow Mushroom for food and it was really good. Then we came back to the house and I hung out for the rest of the night.

On Monday my day off I slept in, went super market shopping, then I went to San Megiuls, a great mexican resturant that has happy hour from 2 - 6 on week days. They have $1 budlight drafts and 35 cent wings as well as free chips and salsa. I went with Jim, Jhaki, Jacob, and Aaron. I had a good time. After that we came back to the house and had some dinner and then played Quielf which is a type of cranium game.

Today I had work. I pulled up carpet at a house. Now it's time for dinner. Things are stressful here with my team and the other team. I feel ganged up on but I bet things will get better. Atleast I hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment