Saturday, June 12, 2010

Long time no info

Sorry I have been MIA for a while.  Things have been going well.  I did not want to leave Muncie at all.  We found out that our next project is in Flint Michigan which is not a nice place at all.  Apparently we are living in the projects and we have heard that it is not safe to walk outside at night. Anyway we tried to get an extension on our project in Muncie but they didn't give it to us.  We finished installing 71 rain gardens which was really amazing. I now know how to install and plant a rain garden. 
   Mom came and visited me in Muncie and we had a great time.  I did not want her to leave at all.  From today I have about 54 days left in AmeriCorps. I will be home on August 7th.  Some more news is that I got accepted into Sun Shine camp.  This is a camp for terminally ill children and their families.  I got accepted for 2 sessions, August 22 - 30.  For the first session I am the nursery counselor and the second session I am kitchen staff.  I am really excited.  It should be a great experience.
   I am back in Vinton Iowa for transition.  I will update you more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment